Friday, June 4, 2010

It's a God-Awful Small Affair

"No cheap tricks." -Geoffrey Wolff

So this is how I start this thing.

At breakfast this morning I threw up blood. At first I thought it was Kool Aid, only to realize I haven't drank Kool Aid in about ten years. The blood was red, so it shouldn't be too bad. Brown blood is no bueno. But red is a better sign.

It's always fun seeing your own blood. In my guitar case I still carry around a napkin I saved from when I had bad nose bleeds after my father past away. That blood was red too, but now it's dark. Black. Smells of iron. I hold it up sometimes when I take out my guitar, and people get grossed out by it. I think it's nice. It would be strange to see Mars transform like that. Turning from red to black. So black you couldn't see it even if you looked with a telescope. It would just blend in with the space.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Tammy Kim,

    I'm going to ignore the Bowie reference and just answer your question. Yes, there is life on Mars. That's all.

    Your friend,
    Bum's shit

    Dictated but not read. (SZ/jz)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha, Your friend, Bum's shit hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one that got hit? What's the deal?

    ReplyDelete